Tuesday 4 October 2011

Other Cakes Of Note

So, this will be my last post about the Macmillan Worlds Biggest Coffee Morning, and I want to say thank you to all of my wonderful colleagues who baked for the occasion, and also to those who made donations for cake. Have done a cursory total, I think we have made about £115, which is really brilliant for the number of people who work at the centre. I do suspect, however, that the amount says more about our vast cake eating skills than our generosity, but its a good cause and I'm so pleased at how well it went.


Here's a little selection of what people brought in. This pic was fairly early on so much more cake arrived afterwards. They don't have their own picture but I must mention Dacia's Cheese and olive borekas. They were very moreish and delicious. Dacia always makes something a little bit different for our work buffets and I'm always excited to try her cooking.

Hurrah and huzzah for Nancy's long awaited chocolate courgette cake:


Basically, just... NOM!!! The cake also had some hazelnuts in, and was super moist and rich... lovely. The topping was the stuff dreams are made of (i.e. chocolate, and cream). It wasn't overly courgette-y it was just very pleasant, especially for breakfast, which was when i ate the majority of cake that day.

Jane Ingram's Guiness cake:


This was a special request for Jane to make as it is a little bit famous in our workplace. I can sum it up in two words: Blummin' lovely.

Thanks again to my lovely (if rather mad at times) colleagues and to you, my lovely readers.

Hayley xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment